![]()
Allow me to tell you what I know so far. I came here thinking I was going to be an ALT (Assistant Language Teacher). This, for some silly reason, made me think that I was going to be assisting somebody. Silly me, I turns out gets to be in complete control of a class room of kids ranging in ages 7 to 13 while the teacher for the most part will sit and smile. Now... if you know me... which I believe almost ALL of you do, the equation goes something like this: Cory + Children = Oil + Water. When shaken, MAY result in PURE CHAOS, it's only a matter of time till someone is given a knife and loses an eye.
Now that I have you interested, (You clearly must be; you clicked that wonderful "Read More" text) I also found out something else about my job. I'm not so much of an English teacher as I am an entertainer. I'm paid to do one thing and one thing only and that is to play games. So, things become easier. No grammar. No writting. No spelling. Games, GAMES, GAMES!!!! D Ok, I can do this. Just play games. Kids want to play games right? They'll probably look forward to it. But then, what will I do when they want to be my friend? offer them a knife?
So it seems, I'm going to be running the show, every day, every week. If I was JHS I would have to do spelling, and writting and grammar. If I was in SHS I would have to do all these things too, but harder. HOWEVER, there would be a proper English teacher, to which I would mostly be an assistant. Some days I might just be the tape recorder they play when they need proper pronunciation examples... Harder material, but less responsibility. AND, you minus the Cory + Children = Oil + Water, when shaked leads to Chaos equation.
Regardless of my relaxed and maybe even enviable position playing games, I still sometimes think I might actually rather be the human tape recorder. We'll see, I don't know how it'll play out but I'll survive.


