May 22, 2007

Bump of Chicken

Bump of Chicken. What a name for a band! It's a true testament to the strangeness of Japanese English. I have to say, this band rocks my socks! So much so that I've decided to share it with you guys. Here are two videos from one of my new favorite bands since I've been in Japan. I love both of them, but I particularly enjoy the second.

天体観測 (Tentai Kansoku -> Astronomical Observation)


車輪の唄 (Sharin no Uta -> Wheel Song)



The first one is just a cool song about searching for something. I'm not totally sure what the full meaning of the song is. I particularly like the second SharinNoUta. It's about two friends (in this case most likely a boy and a girl) who have to part and the one friend has to see the other off at the train station to which they both ride on his bike, and they both promise to meet again someday.